West Coast Aquatics
Swim School Policies
All classes are 30 minutes long.
Class Size and Ratio:
- Classes are determined by a small class ratio of 4:1; 5.1 or 6:1
- Classes are built to keep age and ability close together within two years of age.
- The only classes eligible for online registration at this time are Guppies (Level 1) All other levels must be registered on deck.
- Payment is due at the time of registration - no session will be held without payment.
- We DO NOT pro-rate sessions. i.e: late sign-ups, vacations or overlap of other activities.
- We do not accept checks or cash – CREDIT CARDS ONLY – Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
- A $20.00 cancelation fee will be charged for all sessions canceled prior to the start date.
- No refunds or account credits will be given for cancelations made on or after the start date.
- West Coast Aquatics reserves the right to charge a $10.00 transfer fee for changing the time and/or day of the week of a class once the registration has been completed.
- A $20.00 transfer fee will be charged if a transfer is made after the start date of a session to a different session entirely.
- No make-up classes are available for absences due to vacation or other activities.
- Make-up sessions available only if due to illness with a note from the child’s physician.
Parent Seating Areas:
- Parents are not permitted out on the pool deck and around the pools.
We have designated seating areas for all parents and guardians, which are marked with signs.
- Please, respect this rule as it is only to keep you and your child safe, and to allow your child the best environment in which to learn.
**West Coast Aquatics reserves the right to have continually resisting parents leave the pool area completely**
Due to legal concerns, parents are not permitted to operate video or photo recording devices on the pool deck. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. This is for the protection and privacy of all participants and families.
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn on the pool deck and in the water.
- No street clothes are permitted in the pool; examples: jean shorts, underwear, t-shirts etc.
- Goggles- may be worn, but are not necessary.
o Keep in mind that children may become dependent on goggles which can become a safety issue if the fall into a pool, and are not used to swimming without goggles. Once students have reached about level 4 they can start to use goggles all of the time.
Both Men’s and Women’s locker rooms, including showers and restrooms, are provided for your use. We ask that you do NOT change your children on the pool deck before or after their lesson. This is for the comfort and safety of all the patrons of our pool facility. Please do not take boys in the women’s locker room or girls in the men’s locker room. You may use the satellite restrooms to change children, if you cannot take them in the appropriate locker room.
It is a good idea to use sun block or sun screen on your children for swim lessons as our pools are outdoors. However, sun block/screen should NOT be applied when you get to the pool. Sun block must be applied 15 minutes before getting in the water, or it will just wash right off. If sun block is applied right before getting in the water, it will be absolutely useless, and will only cause our pool water to be cloudy. Even spray-on sun block must be use 15 minutes in advance in order for the skin to absorb it.